Thursday, March 24, 2011

Signs of Spring


Signs of Spring, originally uploaded by susanvg.
March is fickle. One day she sends warm sunbeams our way, the next snowflakes. These hardy shoots soak up the sun then huddle under a new snowy blanket. I feast my eyes on them when I can, but they are in my neighbour's yard. The front of my house faces north, so my garden waits patiently to be revealed. The back garden is surrounded by bushes and trees so it, too, takes time to escape winter's embrace. But the signs are there - spring is coming.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,Susan!

    Yes, March is very fickle here in Nara, Japan, too. I'm not surprised, come rain or come shine and any weather in between.

    Thanks for your visit and a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how those tender shoots can survive fickle spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a site for sore eyes. Thanks for the reminder that despite the snow Spring is coming.

    ReplyDelete