Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ready for Children


Ready for Children, originally uploaded by susanvg.
I volunteer at the Montreal Children's Library one morning a week. In the mornings local daycare classes come to the library. They listen to stories and then come into the library to look at books. This table is ready with some books ready to tempt some inquisitive minds. It is so delightful to see the children - to watch them turn the pages, explore the pictures and talk to each other about what they see. It's a step on their road to literacy.

The teachers go off each week with a new pile of books to share in their classrooms. The books in this collection are well used.

4 comments:

  1. I can imagine your enjoyment of volunteering, Susan. My daughter is the Children's Librarian at our local library, it is such a rewarding job for her, especially the National Summer Reading Program...she gets to use all her artistic abilities as well, creating a matching decorative theme for the whole library, I have often helped her with displays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you volunteer at the library! Looks like a well-stocked room, to be appreciated both by "little" and "big people"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking through a Children's Library. I still get enthralled with the books myself. I know you're already busy, Susan, but what a worthwhile volunteer job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A children's library, what a great place to volunteer.

    ReplyDelete