Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring?


Spring?, originally uploaded by susanvg.
March throws every kind of weather at us - the warm spring breezes that seem to melt the snow before your eyes followed by heavy flakes of snow that coat everything. Today it fell, damping sound and creating a quiet wonderland. I can appreciate this beauty much more in November or December. Now I feel the pull of spring, longing for colour and that feeling of lightness as heavy winter apparel is discarded. But this is Montreal and it is still March, so despite the calendar, here it is still winter.

6 comments:

  1. It still looks cold in your photos. We are enjoying temperatures in the mid 20'sC, but Autumn will arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an exrta-large feather duster! Snow continues in Breckenridge, too, though spring has arrived in Denver. I start hoping it won't snow again sometime in April - it always does...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think the novelty of being in snow would definitely wear off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel - we are supposed to get snow tomorrow! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow does make for beautiful trees but I too am longing for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean. You really put it nicely into words with this picture! We are having all sort of weather all the time -spring seems far away. No more appreciation for snow from me either this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete