Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 132: More Ephemera


Day 132: More Ephemera, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I don't know if this spring is longer and more lovely than others, or if my eyes are more open to its wonders. I have always loved spring: the new growth, the delicate colours, the constant changes. So often, here in Montreal, we go quickly from winter to summer. This year it seems to be hanging on longer.

I passed these lovely flowers as I was walking. I have a smaller bush in my garden, but it isn't flowering yet. It took me a while on the Internet, to find the name, but I believe it is a Prunus cistena. The flowers are quite small and delicate. I marvel at the details in each - the bright pink stamen and orangey anthers. They seem to be calling to the insects to pollinate them quickly before they fall off. Spring ephemera - here and soon gone.

3 comments:

  1. So wonderful to vicariously experience the wonders of spring through your camera's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photo, you are right the flowers look so delicate. I can feel the warmer weather coming through this photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you - this spring is holding on longer than usual. Your photo is gorgeous! The lighting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete