Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 140: La Ronde and the Bridge


Day 140: La Ronde and the Bridge, originally uploaded by susanvg.

After a day long meeting at the Ministry of Education in a windowless room I stepped into the sunshine. The ministry is located near the river. The Jacques Cartier Bridge can be see here, crossing to the south shore. On this side of the bridge on an island is La Ronde, our local amusement park. I have never been a fan of amusement parks as I suffer from motion sickness; my idea of fun has never been to twirl, race, hang upside down or any other activity that brings on nausea. I am always amused by the juxtaposition of the bridge and the rides as I think of some drivers who treat their cars as rides in amusement parks, speeding, winding in and out of lanes and peeling around corners.

Which is the ride? - the roller coasters or the bridge?

2 comments:

  1. A really interesting shot. I love fast, twirling rides I'm afraid. They make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    I like this pic and the story it generated. I'm with you on amusement park rides, though. Even the back seat of the car can make me motion-sick!

    ReplyDelete