Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 122: Shadow Play


Day 121: Shadow Play, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I've got wheels - perfect day to go out on a bike. I gingerly mount my wheeled steed, not yet steady. After years of not riding a bicycle, I dusted off my almost brand-new bike last season. Getting my balance and confidence again- not as easy as the years mount up. Here in the flat countryside is the perfect spot for a trial run. We meander through quiet streets and explore parts of this community we had not seen before. I've got wheels - and they start to feel more steady.

5 comments:

  1. You're good to go! Hope you're wearing a helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shadow - I do hope you stopped to take this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it such a great feeling? I remember when I first started biking again in my adulthood after years and years without. I felt like a kid again, so free and such fun to ride. I like your photo of the shadow. I had to study it for a sec to figure out what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great capture - shadows and bicycles definitely go together! Glad you are rediscovering the benefits of your 'wheels'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot! How are your muscles (and your seat!) doing after climbing back in the saddle after a long absence?

    ReplyDelete