Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 148: Stairway


Day 148: Stairway, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Industrial architecture leaves me somewhat cold. However, I liked the variety of lines the stairs and windows made. I featured this building once before - another day that I had a meeting there.

It's not that I don't like minimalism. I love the smooth lines of wood and prefer Danish modern to a more ornate look in furniture. I think it is the coldness of metal that disturbs me. An irony of this place is that part of the building is built where there was a rather ornate apartment building. The facade of the building was left, so that from the street it appears to be an early 20th century building flanked by two modern structures. Things are not what they seem.

3 comments:

  1. I like this...great symmetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I immediately thought of that previously featured photo when I saw this one! LOL! All of the intersecting lines makes it a little too 'busy' for me...and that seems to distract from the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the lines and perspective, reflections, colors, and how you composed this. Nice shot!
    Also, how interesting - I'd like to see the facade you're talking about. Maybe some day when you're out of ideas for a photo....?

    ReplyDelete