Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 141: It's Love


Day 141: It's Love, originally uploaded by susanvg.

It may not look that way - but Elmo is purring away. He has two favourites in life, my daughter and myself. As I write, he is sitting behind me - a living heating pad against the small of my back. Life is good when he is getting affection. He is 14 years old - a gift for my daughter when she was 13. Hard to believe that so much time has passed and she will be celebrating another birthday on Monday. I marvel at this beautiful young lady who is finding her place in the world.

I see signs of Elmo's slowing down, a measured gait and less spring as he jumps up onto surfaces. But his purr remains loud and appreciative as he loses all dignity getting his belly rubbed. There is nothing quite so relaxing as stroking a cat. He and his buddy, Basil, wreak havoc in the house at times, but all is forgiven as we settle in for a cuddle.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - that fabulous hair, those lovely eyes - and I don't just mean Elmo! Happy b-day to your beautiful daughter. Have a wonderful weekend, Susan.

    ReplyDelete