Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Orchids

Pink Orchid

Photos: October 24, 2016

When all else fails- post a photo of a flower. I have quite a number or orchids. This is my newest one - an amazing array of branches each sporting several buds. I couldn't resist buying a new one, despite the fact the my others show promise of blooming soon.

Orchid

This has been my most reliable plant. This last flower recently opening on a stalk that has had blooms for about a year. I thought the plant would go dormant for a while, but instead it has produced a new stalk with the promise of a number of blossoms. I have at least four others which have shoots that are well on their way to producing blooms. I never know what colour will be revealed as once they are dormant they all look similar. I tried attaching stickers to the pots but they fell off. So a number of surprises await me in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. If only I had an orchid green thumb! Mine never rebloom!

    ReplyDelete