Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Night Out

Jorge Donn by Elizabeth Macqueen - view 2
(sculpture by Elizabeth Macqueen: Jorge Donn)

Photos: October 22, 2016

My daughter and I both love ballet; we go together to Les Grands Ballets Canadiens each year. The performance on Saturday: Romeo and Juliet with choreography by Jean-Christophe Maillot and music by Prokofiev (I'm happy to say there was a live orchestra). It was beautiful, lyrical - simply wonderful. And it is always lovely to share the experience with my daughter.

Sensory Overload

Our dinner at a sports bar before the ballet was anything but lyrical - it is a place of sensory overload with loud music blaring and more screens than I could count. We were both happy to get out of there. Its only asset was its proximity to the theatre.

Rainy Night

Yet more rain greeted us as we left the theatre (this was taken while I was parked - it did not take long for my windshield to be covered with drops). It is not my favourite weather to drive in at night, but I do love the reflections like an abstract painting on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment