Sunday, October 2, 2016

Worry Jar

Worry Jar

Photo: September 29, 2016

When I first bought this jar it was designated as my worry jar. I had read some articles about writing down worries and storing them in a jar. Then only at a designated time one could examine the worries. It helps to put distance between the worry and oneself and to approach each worry more rationally. It has long since lost its original purpose, now storing odds and ends that I don't know where to put elsewhere. But as I glance at it in passing, it does remind me to try to keep worries in perspective and live in now.

1 comment:

  1. I love the patina of hte jar. Metaphorically, I like the concept of putting worries in storage and only getting them out when you want to deal with them. It might save me sleepless nights!

    ReplyDelete