Friday, April 15, 2016

Subtle Signs of Spring

Buds

I know I may seem obsessed with searching for spring, but for those who don't live in an area with long winters (even with this year's most unusual winter) - the lack of colour for so many months can be depressing. The grass is slowly greening up and I spotted these buds - a hint of green.

Subtle Signs of Spring

While the sight of the trees beginning to flower may not be greeted with joy by those with pollen allergies, to me it heralds the beginning of growth and green.

More Crocuses

I'm still seeing mainly crocuses but there is promise of daffodils coming soon. The weather is heating up. Spring will go into fast forward.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Susan, I've been off-line several days - Bob had eye surgery. It seems you're ready to burst forth with spring. Unfortunately, a very big snow storm is headed our way. Smell the flowers for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tree on the back drop of blue sky...beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see your small buds are ready to grow,Susan. Here, finally the time for pollen allergies caused by Japanese cypress will end. I have allergies of that.

    ReplyDelete