Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Spring Takes Hold

A Splash of Yellow

Daffodils really signal spring to me. Their sun-soaked colour broadcasts warmth. My eyes feast on their bright presence.

A Patch of Blue

The blue of the scylla complement the bright, yellow daffodils. They run wild over lawns, multiplying each year. Spring rushes in here, no gentle progression from one flower variety to the next. Warm weather speeds growth and each flower vies for our attention.

The Leaves are Coming

Branches feel the pulse of sap rushing up them, setting buds. Leaves will soon overshadow them. Already leaves are bursting out of bushes.

Another Daffodil

Spring - that magical season of growth and change. Each day provides new delights and feeds me with the energy of the season.

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing your spring blooms, Susan. It's true that when snow finally melts, plants, bushes, and trees rush to grow and bloom. I hope to see some green and growth tomorrow when we'll go on a short trip to lower altitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favourite words here: sun-soaked, rushes, pulse, bursting, magical. I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow color in early spring really cheers me up. “Spring - that magical season of growth and change. Each day provides new delights and feeds me with the energy of the season.” I can’t agree with you more, Susan.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring flowers are beautiful, The sunlight falling on the flowers are so fresh! I love it.

    ReplyDelete