Sunday, April 24, 2016

Lachine Fur Trade Museum

Old Fur Trading Headquarters

This lovely spot was once a centre of trade. It was the warehouse where piles of pelts would be stored and then sold. The river was not navigable by ships much past this point due to the Lachine Rapids. The fur traders travelled inland by canoe and brought the pelts back to Lachine to be traded for goods and money. This is now a museum, though I must confess I have never been inside. There is a cycling path and a walking path along the water - to be explored another day.

Leaves Emerge

Nearby the bushes are sprouting. Soon the landscape will be transformed.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a scenic place for a walk or a bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to walk. I am sure the air and sunlight there are so fresh.
    I scrolled your posts, enjoying them all, and I am here now. I will be back blogging around 20th. I am still busy. Your new header is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete