Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Monte's Chocolates

Monte's Chocolates

Over the years I have been privileged to have the friendship of Monte. We have played music together for almost 30 years, both in each other's homes and in Flutissimo (a recorder orchestra). Along with music, one of his passions is making chocolates which he does every year and then shares with his friends. He makes a large variety, from chocolate dipped orange rinds to clusters of nuts and dried fruit, chocolate covered biscuits, chocolate-coated almonds and his own variety of turtles. And even chocolate covered halvah.

Ready to Open

Several years ago, he came to my place and we made chocolates together. He shared his "secrets". I tried making them once more on my own, but did not have the finesse of Monte. His friendship has been a treasure. The chocolates are just a bonus!

3 comments:

  1. I wish Monte were my friend, too! His chocolates look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I like chocolate.

    ReplyDelete