Sunday, January 24, 2016

Recent Reading

Recent Reading

I've been in a book group for 20 years. We have had our share of winners and losers but we seem to be on a better streak. The last book we read was "How to Be Both" by Ali Smith. It was a very interesting read, both in terms of the story and in the way it was written - two partly intertwined sections which can be read with either section coming first.

I'm just getting into "The Garden of Evening Mists" and so far I am really enjoying it. I find the writing very lyrical. I've watched a couple of video interviews with the author, Tan Twan Eng. It's interesting to hear some of the back story and see how the places he has lived play a role in the book.

Our group is idiosyncratic - we have been together so long and have supported each other through the many challenges life sends us. At this point we are friends first, and a book group and support group in equal parts.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Garden of Evening Mists. I also have another of his as a sample on Kindle.

    ReplyDelete