Friday, January 22, 2016

Tomatoes

Tomatoes

Here are the tomatoes that go with all the basil I featured earlier. I appreciate that they are not long distance voyagers, unlike the majority of vegetables we eat this time of year. They are grown in greenhouses right in Quebec (for those of you reading this who are not from Canada - that is the province I live in). I have to read labels carefully as the majority of the tomatoes this time of year are from Mexico, even when they are packed by local distributors. These were quite delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Tomatoes in CO after the growing season tend to be very watery and tasteless. Yours look nice and ripe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tomatoes look fresh. Many years ago, I grew mini tomatoes in my yard.
    Mine were tasteless and the skin were hard! These days I am thinking that I will try it again.

    ReplyDelete