Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1/10: Oiling Recorders


July 1/10: Oiling Recorders, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Summer is really starting. On Sunday I am off to music camp, CAMMAC. I'll be playing music several hours a day. These are some of the instruments I'll be taking with me - freshly oiled to keep the wood in good condition. I haven't oiled my large recorders, but they will be coming along.

I've started packing as I have much to bring: instruments, music, clothing, towels.... And of course my camera(s). Then, as there is now wireless, I bring my computer so I can keep up with my blog - though I may not be able to post as connections are not always robust. But once ensconced in my room, I will enjoy a week of music and friendship in a beautiful setting on a lake. You'll see once I get there.....

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time. Enjoy making music! I look forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some collection...HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that would be a fabulous way to meld a lot of fabulous things to do all into one.

    Have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like when you photograph your recorders - so many of them! I also like your passion for music. I can imagine you'll have a wonderful time, Susan. Keep in touch as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great week is ahead! Enjoy yourself! I like this shot - warm and the flowers enhance the instruments! Can't wait to see your shots from camp!

    ReplyDelete