Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4/10: Lake Macdonald


July 4/10: Lake Macdonald, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Even the sight of a lake makes me feel cooler. The summer heat has even reached cottage country. Loading my car and then unloading the many bags of clothing, instruments, music, computer, cameras.... was like going on a major trek - no porters available.


Baggage

But now I have my room, with the air circulating with the help of a large fan and with the work of putting things away finished, I am practising the art of slow motion.

There is something about CAMMAC - each time I turn off the highway (a secondary road) onto the road that leads to CAMMAC I can feel my stress dissipate. So for a week young children to seniors, English speakers and French speakers live together to make music and enjoy what the countryside has to offer. We have registered for our classes - tomorrow we begin in earnest.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are in for a wonderful week - enjoy every moment! The lake looks delightful - it cooled me off just gazing at the beauty of the scene - nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up with you, Susan, and see that you have arrived at "camp". Have a wonderful time! The lake looks inviting, and I'm sure hearing and playing music will bring a coolness to your soul. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful site for a camp. Inspiration should come easy there. Sounds like a harmonious week. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a perfect setting for the summer. Very 'homely' to me. No wonder, as my country is dubbed 'the land of thousands of lakes'. Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete