Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 14/10: Bigger than it Seems


July 14/10: Bigger than it Seems, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Daily Shoot: Make a photo from a low point of view. Go for a dramatic effect by changing the appearance of the size of your subject.

This lily seems to be towering over the building behind it. It's all a matter of perspective - and sometimes we lose perspective. Small problems seem to be big ones as we let them take up too much space in our thoughts. Funny how we sometimes let the negativity take over, when there are so many positives to focus on. So my new challenge is to let all the beautiful things in life take over to tower over those negatives - put the negatives in their place. So much to celebrate in life - we need to concentrate on that.

3 comments:

  1. I really like how you're evolving here, Susan - both your photos and your expanded writing. Actually, you made me think in one of your former posts about seeing both detail and the larger picture. I used that theme in my own blog today. Thank you for making me aware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'If something can't be said with a smile...then don't even think it' is what I strive for.
    I don't even 'watch' the news anymore, choosing to read only what I want to take in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful picture and very wise thoughts. Came exactly at the right time for me - good guideline for life. Thank you for this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete