Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 11/10: View from the Studio


July 11/10: View from the Studio, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Sunday - the day to leave CAMMAC. I like to stay and take advantage of the setting. On Sunday morning throughout the summer there is a concert series followed by a brunch. Without classes, there is time to chat, sit by the lake, take a swim, or as I did, play some music. Most of the studios are named after composers. We went to Telemann where we played music by Sammartini and Telemann, of course. With windows on three sides, you have the sense of playing in the woods. Fortunately, most of the mosquitoes don't make it into these huts, though occasionally playing is punctuated by slapping sounds as people swat at these pests.

It's always hard to leave but I know next year I'll be back for another "family" week.

More photos

3 comments:

  1. I know you had a great week and you certainly posted some great shots! You gave us some really good stories and made us feel we were there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great "framing" for your photo. I like your rustic pics of the camp. Now enjoy your time at home until you travel again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you've framed this picture. It almost looks like the beginning of a movie. Glad you had an enjoyable time at camp.

    ReplyDelete