Saturday, December 31, 2016

Looking Ahead

Cheers

Photo: December 31, 2016

I would like to dedicate this year of blogging to Allanah King who challenged me to participate in "a photo a day" for 2016. It has been a challenging year for her and I have followed her photos through which she shared her trials and tribulations as well as her ever positive outlook. So to Alanna - I wish you the best of health and a happy 2017. But no 365 this year!

New Year's Eve is a night traditionally associated with resolutions. I prefer to think in terms of goals. Resolutions seem so all or nothing - you succeed or fail to keep them. A goal is meant to be revisited, tweaked - it is a journey which can have detours, ups and downs and even once reached is only a reason to set a new goal.

So I continue on my journey with the goals of
  • keep working at healthy eating
  • play more music
  • walk or exercise daily
  • make time for friends
  • make time for photography and writing (but not a daily assignment!)
  • And take time - to be in the moment

Contemplating

Can I say I have kept resolutions over the years? No. But if I look over the years, I have certainly moved on my way to attaining goals.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your goals and your thoughtful reflection!

    I'm happy to see your still posting this year, even if not daily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your continued inspiration throughout the year. I found the daily photo a great way to keep people who cared about me in the loop as to where I was and how I was going without having to repeat myself when I was tired and over it all.

    I have four more treatments to go and then I can hopefully move on and put 2016 properly behind me.

    Take care

    Allanah

    ReplyDelete