Monday, December 19, 2016

A Bit of Whimsy

Orchids and Whimsy

Photos: December 18, 2016

This time of year needs a bit of whimsy - as the darkness descends early I try to surround myself with things that make me smile. My orchids are cooperating nicely, with five flowering and two more on their way. Too add a bit of colour I have my collection of finger puppets and stuffed animals which I change with the seasons.

Seasonal Stuffed Animals

Some I bought; others come with memories of who gave them to me. This bear who thought he was a snowman is one. He never fails to make me smile.

Winter Penguin

I have always wondered why people associate penguins with Christmas. They certainly live nowhere near the North Pole. But still, I like this jaunty character. These are my little antidotes to the short days. And soon the solstice will be passed and the days will slowly lengthen.

No comments:

Post a Comment