Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lawn Ornaments


Lawn Ornaments, originally uploaded by susanvg.
I spend some time in a small town in eastern Ontario. Lawn ornaments can be found in profusion. These are just a sampling of some I passed on a walk today. It reminds me of my daughter when she was about 8. She loved the tacky items found in dollar stores. And if one china animal was good. Ten were definitely better. One year she proudly presented me with a pair of swans, a pair of cats, a pair of sheep, a pair of deer and three rabbits (I guess they had already begun their prolific breeding). She developed more discerning taste...

4 comments:

  1. Kitsch is amusing ; )
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some of the same ones over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a display! The lower left is the best....giant deer (or antelope?) towering over the tiny people - too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that's quite the collection.

    ReplyDelete