Saturday, May 14, 2011

Forget-me-nots


Forget-me-nots, originally uploaded by susanvg.
Funny how flowers can have memories - or at least memories attached to them. Forget-me-nots always bring me back to the country place my family had while I was growing back. They seemed to be growing wild and would appear each summer. My mother loved to gather wild flowers and put them in a vase on our table.

She later suffered from dementia. Forget-me-nots are the flowers of the Alzheimer's Society. When I see them now, they have that double memory. So I really liked that these flowers were framed by a heart. How can one ever forget one's mother. She lives in my heart forever and hopefully, through me her love, her warmth and her wisdom will be passed on to others.

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful photo and heartfelt associations to go with it, Susan! I have Forget-Me-Nots growing wild in Breckenridge (when the snow finally melts...). I'll think of you and your Mother when they bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special meaning for you. The heart in the fence immediately frames the flowers as you view it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, you have a sweet memory of your loved mother associated with forget-me-nots. These forget-me-nots through heart-shaped fence is nicely symbolical.

    I believe things transmitted from your mother are radiating from you to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tribute to your mother and the photo is so special. Mothers are irreplacable and I know she lives on through you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture, and lovely memories - good things passed on from generation to generation.

    ReplyDelete