Monday, May 16, 2011

Bleeding Hearts


Bleeding Hearts, originally uploaded by susanvg.
Every day a new delight. My bleeding hearts have started to open, their hanging charms dangling like from a bracelet. Flowers come in so many shapes and colours.

Tulip in the Rain

Rain has settled in for another dreary week. But everything is growing at warp speed. Trees that were bare now sport new pale green garbs. Everything that can bloom is pushing out flowers. My colourless view from my window has changed to technicolour!

6 comments:

  1. You've got a heart theme going here, Susan! That's one of the best Bleeding Heart photos I've seen - perfect symmetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, especially the Bleeding Hearts. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely photos. I like both of the photos. The first flowers represent many loves. The rain drop tulip is gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw red "taitsuri-so" for the first time and have learned it's called "Bleeding Heart" in English. Does the name derived from the agonies of broken heart as red heart-shaped flowers are weeping?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the word breathtaking doesn't seem to do these justice. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm enjoying the 'technicolour' season as much as you. Being deprived of natural colour for so long intensifies the feeling of joy. Love you red pictures!

    ReplyDelete