Sunday, May 1, 2011

What is your Pleasure


What is your Pleasure, originally uploaded by susanvg.
What better thing to do on a warm May afternoon than walk to the ice cream store! Then comes the difficulty of what to choose. I now have an affinity card for the Crémerie Evelyne. Now only eight more visits (4 if I always go with my spouse) and we'll get a free ice cream!
Crémerie Evelyn

When my kids were 10 and 12, I took them to France. We were in the town of Cabourg in July and the temperatures were in the mid 30s C (mid 90s F). On the main street the cafés would move their freezers out on the sidewalk. They were filled with the most amazing sorbets. In the heat we were consuming them daily - and I have to admit there was one day when one in the afternoon and another in the evening was needed to cool us down. The cafés also had cards which were stamped with each order. With three of us it was easy to fill it up.

6 comments:

  1. May I have a cone of 'cappuccino', please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! we have a wonderful Italian Icecream shop in our local shopping mall and this is also a great place to buy a special treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those ice creams look delicious! cappuccino for me please!

    ReplyDelete