Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flûte Alors!


Flûte Alors!, originally uploaded by susanvg.
Flûte Alors! is a recorder quintet, made up of young (at least to me) musicians. But don't be fooled - their technical expertise is astounding as is their musicality. The concert was part Bach, part jazz and was held in a café (hence the beer bottle). The performance was polished and fresh at the same time.

It is particularly fun for me to hear them as I have followed some of these musicians since they were young teenagers. They have a CD coming out any day now - I'm looking forward to getting my copy.

4 comments:

  1. I never fool young musicians. Performances played by same instruments are special. Polished beautiful melodies and profuse harmonies captivate my heart. Don’t you think melodies of flute sound like human’s voice? I often feel that. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so ancient - these young people still look like teenagers to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young musicians are full of potentials. I remember my son playing the clarinet on the brass band or in the ensemble trio at high school. It was fun for me to hear them. They were amateurs but sounded like pros to me. Harmonious melody from harmonious hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look young to me too but they also look wonderfully intense about their music - I can't wait to hear the CD too

    ReplyDelete