Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mar 3/10: Barn


Mar 3/10: Barn, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Daily Shoot: Weathered objects have a lot of character: cracked, rusted, bleached, etc. Give us your best weathered shot today.

This barn (in the middle of Montreal) stands beside the Hurtubise House, built in 1739 on land granted to the Hurtubise family by Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve, the founder of Montreal, around 1650. I wrote about it once before. I love to see these vestiges of our city's past. This one, at least, has been saved for the future. It is now owned by Heritage Canada. So much has been torn down with whole areas being razed for new projects. It is nice to find these jewels that still grace our city streets.
House in spring
House in winter

4 comments:

  1. It's interesting how an object/house... changes with its surroundings. Things really do look different in the spring than they do in the winter. I'm glad to hear the barn's being protected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been hard to transition back from summer in Aruba to winter in New York. Your photo makes me cold and I'm curious to see it in the middle of a glorious spring or summer.
    Everything here looks gray.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see the same place in different seasons - really looks different. I also enjoy having some old places protected in our towns. Far too much is torn down in the name of progress and new developments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the dormer windows. I wonder what the view would be from inside out.

    ReplyDelete