Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mar 23/10: angles


Mar 23/10: angles, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Thanks to red lights I capture a few photos as I drive by. This bright yellow structure stood out and yet, reflected the angles of the masonic symbol. It's interesting to see how play equipment has changed. In my childhood there were metal jungle jims and wooden swings, often hanging from sisal ropes. Each year safety norms become more stringent. The climbing structure that was in the school yard where my children played, first lost the top part of the structure (too high, the students might fall) and then was replaced (it was built from treated wood). Now bright plastic structures seem to be ubiquitous in playgrounds ....until the next safety hazard is declared.

Daily shoot: Look for angles today: 90s, 45s, or any other combination of angles that make an interesting composition.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I know what they say about talking on cell phones while driving. I wonder what they say about snapping pics as I've done the same a couple of times. Great angles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting city photo - so much going on. I like the branches of the tree and the colorful angles at the playground.

    ReplyDelete