Thursday, November 10, 2016

Searching for Beauty

Orchid 1

Photos: November 9, 2016

I usually try not to comment on politics, especially what is happening in other countries, but waking up to the aftermath of the U.S. election I feel that I must speak out. I feel that the world as I knew it has taken a terrible turn backwards.  The values of inclusion, of equality, of diversity seem to be at risk. I look at those predicted to be in that man's cabinet - not a single woman, no one of colour - no surprise after the rhetoric that has been spouted.

I'm searching for beauty in this chaos - for a place of serenity and peace.

Looking Inside

My orchids remind me to pause and admire, to enjoy their diversity, to revel at their promise and growth. I need to cultivate my inner garden to find the strength to speak out against the ugliness being spouted. I have to try to remain positive that ultimately good triumphs over evil, but right now I am feeling that he who shall not be mentioned has cast a pall over the world. Breathe in. Breathe out. Sometimes the world takes two steps backwards before moving forward again.

O tempores, o mores

No comments:

Post a Comment