Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Practising

Tools for Practising

Photo: November 28, 2016

I've been trying to get more serious about practising my recorder. Here are a couple of tools that help me. The metronome is a task master, keeping me to a selected speed. It is great for exercises and for practising tough passages in a sonata, but once you start really finding the music, it does not allow for nuance. The tuner, another tough teacher is about trying to keep a note at pitch without wavering - much harder than it sounds. I'm working on it and am now experimenting with alternate fingerings - a tough challenge for both body and mind!

1 comment:

  1. My son uses his IPhone for tuning his guitar. He plays for his family every evening after work. It helps to relax them all!

    ReplyDelete