Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Memory

Kennedy Sculpture

Photo: November 22, 2016

I was walking along President-Kennedy Boulevard and passed this sculpture - appropriate on the anniversary of Kennedy's assassination. It was one of those events when everyone seems to remember where they were when they heard... I had just finished exams and was baking, waiting for my friend to arrive for an afternoon of fun. The radio was on and the news reporter interrupted the broadcast to share the shocking story. I remember answering the door and repeating what I had heard to my friend. Memory is odd - the details around where I was and what I was doing are etched in my brain along with the event. I can tell you about a number of historic events and where I was, who was with me and what we were doing as the news came. The memories become intertwined.

No comments:

Post a Comment