Sunday, September 26, 2010

Symmetry - that is the question


Symmetry?, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Daily Shoot: Symmetry can be calm and soothing. Make a photo today featuring symmetry, either in subject or composition. (@logista)

We often think of things as symmetrical which are not really. The human face is a good example. Though we have the same number of features on each side, there are definite differences If both sides are identical the face actually looks odd. (I've created a couple of examples)




So my offering of symmetry is asymmetrical - same but different. I like bending the rules.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm - I am beginning to think you may be one of the "naughty girls" I'm trying hard to emulate. Enjoy the day, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you inspired me ... http://flic.kr/p/8Eb9be Cheers... Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true about us not being symmetrical. I've used the SMARTboard to demonstrate that to my students in Art. I love the richness of the yellow and green in your lemon/lime photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lemon/lime would have been a good one for @dailyshoot's challenge on complimentary, too! Fun self-portrait to demonstrate your point about symmetry! :)

    ReplyDelete