Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Evening Flight


Evening Flight, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I looked up and saw the golden evening light. The clouds glowed. As I always have my camera with me, I snapped a photograph. Later when I looked at it on the LCD screen, I wondered about the black dots on the photograph. It was only when I zoomed in that I realized that these birds flew over just as I snapped the picture. Serendipity - it made for a much more interesting image.

Sometimes we are so intent on seeing one thing that we miss what's really there. We see what we want to see. But this photo allowed me to look anew.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely lighting and such a fun and unique composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes what lies just below the surface of awareness makes a nice surprise! I do like the glow, but flight makes it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky capture, Susan! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it's like John Lennon said, "Life is what happens when we're busy making other plans." Great catch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really do learn so much daily from our photography experiences. Great post and great shot!

    ReplyDelete