Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sept 11/10: Cavorting Horse


Sept 11/10: Cavorting Horse, originally uploaded by susanvg.

As a city person, I enjoy driving through the countryside and gawking at all those things we don't see regularly in the city. I pulled over by the side of the road to snap this horse cavorting in the sunshine. It struck me that for the people there this was just a mundane scene, but for me it was special.

When country people find themselves in a city they gawk at all I consider normal - the buildings, the traffic and all the other features of city life. Unique to one is mundane to another.

Sometimes it is fun to look at things afresh from another person's eyes such as when you have visitors to your city - showing the city makes you look afresh. Sometimes it is better to look through your own eyes and discover all that makes you wonder and enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely agree - would have been fun to videotape this cavorter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, seeing through the eyes of a child often brings the world into a new focus. Also, seeing through your lens and others who compose photos and share is helping me to "see" in a different and unique way. Thank you, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love showing visitors around New Zealand for just that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been out of the city suburbs for ages. Weather is too miserable. As soon as we get a little sun, I'd like to go for a drive into the country and see similar scenes. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we look, but just don't 'see' the everyday things, that are actually speacial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you 100%. I love escaping the city and visiting the wonders of the country. I find you captured the calmness and serenity of the country. I like how the sun reflects off the horse's mane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This scene suddenly brought back vivid memories from my youth in the country. I lived in a village with huge state-owned stables and hundreds of horses everywhere. Should go back to those stomping grounds soon. It's all so true what you wrote!

    ReplyDelete