Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sept 7/10: Rainy Reflections


Sept 7/10: Rainy Reflections, originally uploaded by susanvg.

A late night - I caught yet another photo of lights reflected on a rainy road. I have a painting by Sylvia Ary, a Montreal artist which is a street scene on a rainy day. This photograph brought it to mind and I am including a photo of it here. It is interesting to see how different media can portray similar subjects. Each are abstract in their own way - yet each gives the feel of the rain at night.

Rain - by Syvia Ary

5 comments:

  1. Neat comparison...and I like both your photographic image and the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comparison - each does give the feel of rain at night - I am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be interesting to print your photograph - I bet you'd like the result. The colors and the wash of the water in the night are so interesting. Great job, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Anne, great comparison. The connection is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for introducing these two pictures. Comparing different art forms through the same theme is really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete