Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 238: Nasty Neighbours


Day 238: Nasty Neighbours, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I stepped out of my front door today and noticed this wasp's nest in a large bush at the front of my house. It must have been growing slowly; I am not sure why I did not notice it before. Fortunately it is away from my door. I do not want these nasty neighbours buzzing around the entryway. This will put a stop to my plan to trim the bushes which were obstructing part of my windows. I've been told this is not good as thieves have easier access without being spotted. Perhaps these stinging stormtroopers will be a deterrent to such activity.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm...so instead of a watchdog, you have Watchwasps?? Hope you shot this with a long lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least if burglars don't see the nest, the yelping will alert you - a security system of sorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! Fantastic capture x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better than a watch dog. But will they show any loyalty to you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the year of the wasp! Our block party was one great swarm. Beautiful photo, Susan....

    ReplyDelete