Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 227: Variety


Day 227: Variety, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Anyone who follows my blog knows I spend time in a small town in rural Ontario. Casselman, with a population of about 3300, is part old town and part bedroom community for Ottawa. I think it is the latter that has had an influence on what is available in the supermarket. Many varieties of lettuce can be found, including radicchio and Chinese lettuce.

I remember, as a child, about the only lettuce available was iceberg. Now you rarely see it on the shelves. Green is in, in more ways than one.

3 comments:

  1. What a vibrant display. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - you know what they say about the "spice of life..." I like the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so much to choose from, those radishes are huge!

    ReplyDelete