Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 235: Sparkling Water


Day 235: Sparkling Water, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Here is one of my guilty pleasures - sparkling water. I remember the first time I tasted it. As a teenager, I went out to dinner with a friend whose father was Hungarian. In Europe, sparkling water was a common accompaniment to dinner (along with wine); in my house club soda was something you put in a mixed drink. The effervescent water was a surprise to me. Later, as an adult, I started to enjoy club soda, especially in hot weather. When my children were young, they, too developed a taste for it and drank it in fancy glasses when we had wine with dinner. It was dubbed tickle water.

Club soda was exchanged for mineral waters and S. Pellegrino has become a favourite, especially after a trip to France. When I asked for l'eau petillant, "San P?" the waitress asked. I know imported water (but it's not just water) is not politically correct (I recycle all those bottles). I nurse my glass like a fine wine. It is a great accompaniment to a meal!

1 comment:

  1. I like the perspective on this shot, and that one of the bottles is missing.

    ReplyDelete