Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stirfry

Stirfry by susanvg
Stirfry, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I think we are always full of great intentions in January - healthy eating, healthy lifestyle in general. My feeling is it is always a work in progress. These stir fried vegetables were destined to be served with lentils and rice.

But as the temperature plummets, my thoughts go to those substantial meals that warm from within - soups and stews. My proxy Scottish grandmother would have said the food that "sticks to your ribs." Unfortunately they often stick to my hips and other places. So I try to find warmth in herbal tea.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, I know exactly what you mean. Stir fry does look delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile when I read this! Stews, yum - but the veggies look delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete