Saturday, January 5, 2013

Île-de-la-Visitation Nature Park

Tracks on the Frozen River

I like exploring Montreal's big parks. This time it was Parc-nature de l'Île-de-la-Visitation. We started out on snowshoes, but no off the path snowshoeing was allowed, so we switched to just walking. The park hugs the shore of Rivière des Prairies on the north side of the island of Montreal. I love the city parks that make you feel far from the city.

Parc-nature de l'Île-de-la-Visitation

The sun was low on the horizon, casting its golden light. The snow crunched beneath our feet. It felt good to be out in the winter air.

Long Shadows

It's so easy in winter to hibernate. But when I get out walking, the sun puts a smile on my face and the wintry air refreshes.

January 5, 2013

3 comments:

  1. I love your chilly photos, Susan. I see the animal tracks in the first photo. It's been very cod here, too. No snow due this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful parks. It's like being away from the city without having to go too far. We are really lucky to live where we do. Peg and I enjoyed a beautiful outing today at a snowshoe centre only 10 minutes from our place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful photos! I have never experienced -6 degree.It is hard to imagine that how chilly the weather is.
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete