Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Squash

Squash by susanvg
Squash, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Photos: January 25, 2013

As anyone who reads this blog knows, I love to go to the market. Each season lures me there for different reasons. Walking through the fruit and vegetable stalls in winter, I feel the pull of growth happening somewhere. It is amazing the variety of produce that finds its way to our shelves. No more the canned vegetable of my childhood!

Roots

Colours, textures grab the eye. We live in a place of abundance. I have my favourite stops: the organic butcher, the butcher who raises his own lambs, the sausage maker, the bakery, the cheese shop... And at each stop there is conversation.

IMG_1003

And before all that - a coffee with or without a croissant or other delight to set me up for my shopping.

2 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to have that winter market! I love the green onion roots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Susan
    I like the the camera angle of the onion roots!
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete