Sunday, May 15, 2016

Natural Lawn

Natural Lawn

How did some flowers get categorized as weeds and others as decorative. I think this lawn looks delightful with its bright yellow dandelions and purple flowers. When I had a house, I diligently pulled up the dandelions lest they send their seeds to my neighbours but I often thought it was silly. Why is green better than yellow? If I were running a golf course I would try to have perfect greens, but lawns do not have to conform to a "standard."

Weeds or Flowers

I rather like the randomness of this lawn with a variety of colours and shapes. I smile at the wild flowers!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! When asked my favourite flower, I truthfully reply "Dandelion!" These beautiful sunbursts are the first herald of golden sunny summer days. Their symmetry is perfect, and the entire plant at every stage is interesting to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo - I must say I battle dandelions every summer. (And I have no lawn at all - just a natural covering of wildflowers and perennials.) If I didn't dig them up, there would be no room for the seeds of others to sprout. I'd have a dandelion yard!

    ReplyDelete