Friday, May 20, 2016

Makey Makey

Playdoh Fruit Piano

I spent my morning at the Canada Wide Science Fair, helping to man a booth for LEARN. We had some kits on display that we use in our Creative Maker Spaces. It was fun to see the students play with the makey makey "piano". Their eyes lit up when they realized that they could play notes on play doh and even fruit. I always asked why they thought it would work and got a variety of answers. With enough prodding I got them to think about electricity and circuits. The younger students were stunned to realize that the electricity could pass through them to their friends.

I did not get a lot of chance to visit the student projects. It is very impressive to see the variety and the depth of the work they did. There is definitely hope for the future.

1 comment:

  1. I bought my middle grandson a circuit board for a gift. He has that kind of mind...

    ReplyDelete