Friday, May 6, 2016

Going to the Ballet

Lumen 1

A passageway at Place des Arts has screens which feature light and sound exhibits. The current one, Lumen, is by three students at the school of visual and media arts at Université de Québec à Montréal (UQAM).

Lumen 2

It is always fun to walk through this passageway and see the creative use of the screens.

Going to See Don Quichote

We were on our way to see Don Quichote - presented by the Cuban National Ballet Company. Alicia Alonso (now 94), the founder and director of the company, was in the audience. I remember learning about her when I was a child and, like many other girls, enamoured with ballet and ballerinas. I believe I saw her dance in 1967 with the American Ballet Theater.

The dancers of the Cuban Ballet are strong. It was a delightful evening - nothing too profound - but fun to be out with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment