Sunday, May 29, 2016

Family Day

Paddling

Photos: May 28, 2016

My children are long past the family day activities which take place each year in the local park, so it is not really on my radar. As I walked through the park on my way to do some errands, I was delighted to see the many people enjoying the many activities which were going on.

Giant Truck

As I entered the park, I was met by an enormous truck - my head barely reached past the top of the wheels. Once in the park, I saw soldiers. They had set up a zipline across the "lagoon" and there was a long line of children eager to try it out.

Helping on Family Day

This fellow was waiting for the men at the other side to send back the harness so another child could zip across.

Part of the Zipline

It was delightful to see the joy and  friendly interaction.

Family Day

While I did not explore the whole area, I did walk past tables of people selling handmade goods, others sharing information about local organizations - a real sense of community and festivity.

1 comment:

  1. Children’s Day (national holiday) in Japan would be similar to your Family Day. Various fun events are held nationwide.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete