Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Seeing Flowers Everywhere

Every Colour Blossoms

I'm trying not to write about flowers but they are popping up everywhere. Our sudden summery weather has meant the landscape changes daily. Where there were barely leaves starting, the trees are full; where there were flowers, now there are just leaves and where there was nothing there is now a profusion of blossoms. Nothing lasts in spring time. It is a time of mad growth and change.

Pinks and Lilac

Lilacs perfume the air. You can smell them before you see them. Temperature went up to 29°C (just over 84°F). My body takes time to adapt to heat (usually by trying to escape it).

Cool Spot on a Hot Day

I search out shade, sometimes crossing back and forth across a street as I walk searching out any shade. Walking through the park, I know the shady routes.

Forget-me-nots

Some flowers also seem to relish the shady spots. Forget-me-nots found a perfect spot to flourish.


Tra la! It's May!
The lusty month of May!
That lovely month when ev'ryone goes
Blissfully astray.
Tra la! It's here!
That shocking time of year
When tons of wicked little thoughts
Merrily appear!

(from Camelot - lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner)

1 comment:

  1. You seem to have been so inspired by the springtime. So many posts! I couldn’t catch up, but now scrolling down to see each photo. Have happy days ahead, Susan.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete