Saturday, May 28, 2016

Live Music

Live Music

Photo: May 26, 2016

I went to a retirement party for some colleagues and there was live music. The band was quite good - playing a nice variety of music but, for me, it was way too loud. You couldn't carry on a conversation without yelling in your neighbour's ear. I like to dance, but I just could not go near the dance floor. I should have brought ear plugs. I know I am particularly sensitive to loud noise; I am aware of the possibilities of hearing loss and, with music being such an important part of my life (both playing and going to concerts not of the popular variety) I want to be good to my ears. With stories such as that of Brian Johnson of AC/DC being told he risked total hearing loss if he continued playing with the band you would think that musicians would learn to turn the volume down a bit. But no - so I will have to dance in the confines of my home with the music at a volume I like.

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand loudness of any kind. There is a place we enjoy going for dinner in Breckenridge, but they feature musicians, some of whom play so loud you can't even speak to the person next to you. It's always busy, so I guess most people don't care?

    ReplyDelete