Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just Resting


Just Resting, originally uploaded by susanvg.

My daughter and I adore Stratford. We soak in theatre, an intense spurt in a few days. Today was Two Gentlemen of Verona and Peter Pan. Both were excellent. The quality of acting here is outstanding. And Stratford has the money to invest in sets and costumes. In three of the four theatres, the stage is a thrust stage so the audience feels less separated from the actors. Sets are often less complex, but the staging is always creative.

Another thing we love about Stratford is the town itself - many Victorian houses and a river which widens into a lake with considerable park land. We strolled along the lake on our way to supper. Many swans were by the water's edge, either feeding in the water or preening on land. This one had obviously finished with its boudoir and was taking a rest. There are many ducks, more than I had remembered. By 6:00 in the evening, a number had installed themselves on the grass, head tucked in, ready for a good rest.

4 comments:

  1. Such a majestic creature! Nice of him/her to pose as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a handsome fellow! I've never been to Stratford but it's definitely on my list of places I'd like to visit. Maybe next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shadows of the grasses along the swan's back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white feathers scattered on the grass. Looks as if this swan has really had a good old boudoir session.

    ReplyDelete